Pages

Sunday 20 December 2015

2015 - A Record Year



88 concerts by Leonskaja in 52 cities (Not counting private sessions or gala concerts like "Artists for Syria")


Of which I went to 28 in 20 cities (Beamed quavers above)

To look back and focus at every single one, there is always too much to say. However, here and now I only want to mention four concerts which I didn't attend, which will be a permanent pity for me:
- Shanghai
- Beijing
- Köln (Solo, 06/11)
- London (Chamber, 22/11)

In the first two, Leonskaja played upon request 《牧童短笛》 as one of the encores (that is why you see her reading scores in some pictures taken in China).
And in the last ones, she played a solo work by Jörg Widmann, which I don't think easy to get a chance to listen again in an immediate future, while neither of them has left any form of recording...

No comments: