Pages

Monday 12 October 2015

From the sky

Days ago, my flight to Frankfurt suffered a delay due to technical problems of the airplane.
We finally could take off and I arrived at Alte Oper at 20:35, when the second piece had got started, so I not only missed the first work, but also the first half completely : (
And later, the second half was replaced by piano solo (to which I felt very lucky and grateful) due to an incident with the violinist, but then I didn't listen to any piano quartet in reality >.< which was the purpose of my travel...

ññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññññ

Today finally I have had time (Spanish National Day) to organize a little my photos. And I by chance have decided to identify places from the air. Some are easy, like the towns along the Rhine, specially before landing. But some are quite tricky and it took me an afternoon to finish the whole work.

Sometimes the perspective may look to the opposite direction because of turns and posture adjustment. Check the red arrow on the map ;-)

Of course, I always know here we must be upon the Alps, but where exactly? Italy or Switzerland? Now you have the answer.

I checked Rhine, Neckar and Nahe for this curve, but finally it is Main, thanks to radar information!

Along the Main, then, starting to turn...

A better camera required >'<


Facing Southeast at the left side of the airplane (flying to Southwest)

I didn't know it was Nahe shinning with the horizon, the river of Hildegard von Bingen...

I should be on the platform of DB at this hour... However, this is my most beloved land of Germany and how much I enjoyed it under the warmth of sunset.

Many times I could recognize rivers, mountains, cities, etc. but I never thought of putting them together with a satellite map. Now I wish I had time to do so to all my past flights. 

No comments: