Pages

Sunday 28 June 2015

Arriaga Playlist


Three days ago, I bought the first recording of Cuarteto Casals, who I appreciate and go to listen quite often at L'Auditori. However, from the very beginning I was firmly grasped by the composer's quarlity, unknown to me till then, who died before 20:

Juan Crisóstomo de Arriaga (EspañolFrançaisEnglish)


Arriaga was 16 years old when creating these quartets. For one moment, I doubted if the young Mendelssohn could catch him in style, or the young Schubert, if we talk about imagination. Listen to the excerpt above here, by Guarneri Quartet.

And my astonishment went even greater when I began to listen to his symphonic works (composed between 12 and 18)... What maturity!!!

No comments. I cannot help making a Youtube playlist which I hope to enrich more and more in the future:



No comments: